Lymphatic Massage Therapy
At Lifepath Massage Therapy, our RMT’s use Lymphatic Massage Therapy to increase the natural drainage of the lymph glands from your body tissues.
It is a very safe and effective technique that is useful in treating many conditions where the lymphatic flow may be compromised, such as:
- Swollen Limbs
- Caused by Diabetes
- Sports injuries
- Post-surgical complications
- Other surgical procedures
Our Massage Therapists use small amounts of pressure to stimulate the lymph gland to help them drain.
By stimulating the lymphatic system, this helps the therapist drain puffy, swollen tissues. It helps support the body’s immune systems, as well as help the body heal from surgery. It can also help aid the body’s own natural waste removal or detoxification.
Lymphatic Massage Therapy can be used as a safe way to drain excess fluid from tissues to produce a detoxifying effect. Some of the benefits of lymphatic therapy are:
- Removal of metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules and foreign substances from the tissues.
- Through its gentle rhythmical and precise hand movements, lymphatic therapy works to alleviate pain by greatly reducing pain signals sent to the brain.
- Relaxation of the sympathetic nervous system, thus helping to relieve stress.
- Supports and enhances the immune system
- Promotes healing from injuries, surgical trauma, chronic conditions, and edema
- Minimizes scar formation.
After your visit, you can continue exercises and breathing techniques to enhance the effect. Also, correctly fitted compressions sleeves or stockings may be required to be worn to continue the healing effect.
At Lifepath Wellness, we can combine this treatment along with other services such as Chiropractic, Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, and Naturopathic so you can get the maximum benefit and help you feel your best!