At Lifepath Massage Therapy, we know that sometimes you just want to feel good! That is where relaxation massage therapy comes in as it aims to help you not just feel good, but feel a sense of well-being. The goal is to calm the nervous system by improving blood circulation and increasing the level of oxygen in the blood.
When you experience relaxation massage, you can expect a treatment that involves:
- Long smooth gliding strokes that are rhythmic and flowing
- Pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful
- A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax you, not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying ailments
- A therapist who also takes the massage environment into account – look for soothing music, warm, luxurious towels, and occasionally the use of essential oils to enhance both the environment and the effects of the massage
What are the Benefits of a Relaxation Massage?
The benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Some of the benefits are:
- Temporarily reduced blood pressure
- Improved peripheral circulation
- Improved skin tone and appearance
- Improved gastrointestinal motility (more regular bowel movements)
- Reduction in muscle tension including the relief of tension headaches
- Improvements to any stress-related symptoms.
At Lifepath Massage Therapy, our practitioners are trained in Swedish Relaxation Massage techniques. However, they will utilize several different techniques so you can get the maximum benefit during your treatment.